Just because the boys of The PGA Tour have put the clubs down for awhile doesn’t mean there isn’t any great golf going on. Quite to the contrary, The European Tour and The LPGA are holding their season ending, big finale tournaments this week. The LPGA is in Houston at The LPGA Tour Championship.
10. Miguel Angel Jimenez: He is the coolest guy in golf and any we never miss a chance to catch Miguel on the course.
9. Ski Dubai: Believe it or not there is an indoor ski range in Dubai, yes right in the middle of the desert. It has five ski runs and is open all year. You know they’ll show it on the telecast.
8. No Americans: Since Anthony Kim bailed out, there are no Americans in the field. That means with no Tiger, they’ll show more golf.
7. Major Champions: Paddy Harrington, Geoff Ogilvy, Retief Goosen and Ernie Els are all in the field.
6. The Burj Al Arab Hotel: You know that hotel that looks like a sail that sits on the coast of Dubai? It’s the one where Tiger hit balls off the heli-port a few years ago and we’ll get another tour of it on the telecast.
5. Ian Poulter: He’s always good for some good golf and some better outfits.
4. Lee Westwood, Martin Kaymer and Ross Fisher: These guys all have played great golf this year and are the only ones that can catch money leader, Rory McIlroy.
3. Recession in Dubai: We’ll get to see how the world wide economic crisis has hit Dubai. Those poor guys probably had to use last year’s solid gold Rolls Royce instead of buying a new one.
2. It’s golf: There are plenty of great golfers and we’ll get to see a lot of it on the Golf Channel. They are showing some live 3:00am (delayed) and repeating it throughout the day.
1. Rory McIlroy: Rory leads the Euro Tour in money and he has had a phenomenal year. The 20 year old is the hottest young star in the world. All he has to do is finish ahead of Westwood, Kaymer and Fisher and he’ll win The Race to Dubai. It’s kind of like the FedEx Cup, but less money and more sand.