by Jeff Skinner
Here’s a few rambling thoughts from a golf fan who will be staying up late to watch these guys duke it out down under.
1. Adam Scott has more class than Steve Williams and Tiger Woods combined.
2. It’s a tossup as to who has the biggest ego at The Presidents Cup this week: Greg Norman or Tiger Woods.
3. No one wants this Presidents Cup more than Norman, and he’ll tell you that. He wants his team to cut out the hearts of the Americans.
4. The course at Royal Melbourne Golf Club looks absolutely amazing.
5. We all asked for Woods versus Scott and we get it on opening day.
6. I am surprised that Phil Mickelson and Jim Furyk are paired together. I thought Couples may have used these experienced players to mentor a rookie around the course on opening day.
7. This may be step two in Tiger’s comeback. He moved from 58th to 50th in the World Golf Rankings thanks to his third place finish last week.
8. This could be billed as The Presidents Soap Opera with all the drama created by Steve Williams, Tiger Woods, Joe LaCava, Dustin Johnson, Fred Couples and Greg Norman.
9. Thank God there’s no Michael Jordan this week.
10. Freddy is “Captain Cool” while Norman is “Captain Cutthroat.”