by Jeff Skinner
With all due Respect to Peter King, here are 10 things I think.
1. It may be hard to tell who his competition is but Robert Rock has the best hair in men’s golf. I bet he’s leaving some cash on the table by not taking a hat endorsement deal too.
2. It was agonizing watching Kyle Stanley give the Farmers away. But give the kid some credit. He says he knows he’ll be back.
3. Adding insult to injury the folks at Torrey Pines had already put Stanley’s name on the million dollar check. Don’t feel too bad he walked off with $648,000. That should ease some of the pain.
4. So Tiger has a piece of the lead at the start of the final round and he ends up fading to a three way tie for third. He’s still not the old Tiger, not yet anyway.
6. Jack Nicklaus was all over the PGA Merchandise Show but he shocked plenty of us when he says his grandkids hardly play any golf at all.
7. We missed Phil Mickelson on the weekend at Torrey Pines but at least he was back at home with his daughter who gave him a scare earlier in the week.
8. Why does the PGA Tour have to mess with Q-School. The new plan looks convoluted, complicated and just plain unattractive. Leave it as it is.
9. 21 year old rookie, John Huh tied for sixth at The Farmers and earned $208,500. He went through all three stages of 2011 Q-School. Under the new rules he couldn’t have even teed it up.
10. So it’s not bad enough that we Jets fans have to watch Bill Belichick take his Patriots to another Super Bowl, now we have to watch him play at The Pebble Beach Pro-Am. Ouch.