by Jeff Skinner
1. With triple digit temperatures blanketing the Northeast the weather at The Irish Open looked pretty inviting to me. That Royal Portrush wasn’t half bad either.
2. Joe Daley’s win on the Champions Tour was inspiring. Check out Larry Dorman’s piece on the latest Champion.
4. So that’s how the USGA wanted Congressional to play at last year’s U.S. Open. That’s one tough course, weather permitting.
5. How cool was it watching the pros play in front of no one but still doing the reflexive wave to the crowd after a birdie? Pretty cool.
6. Tiger’s Tree Shot at the 12th hole was wild. If we try that the ball hits the tree, club breaks and we get hit by both. He lands it on the green…are you kidding me. Click here to check it out.
8. Forget Tiger Woods, the 2000 version. We will never see anyone, including him dominate majors like that again. But this “process” Woods has been hyping is now paying off.
9. Yani Tseng missed the cut at the NW Arkansas Championship…what the heck is going on here.
10. Bo Van Pelt had his chance yesterday but three straight bogeys to close cost him his chance to take down Tiger. That’s pretty tough.